Thursday, September 18, 2014

Rage Against The Shadow Of A Goddamned Doubt

The false gods are fallen, broke down, bawlin’
Too late to keep the faith when heaven is callin
No trumpet sounds to downtown; the dark water soiled it
like acid rain swirling drains, but looka’, fast forward
to Oshun drowned beneath waves of garbage
to a brotha' named J-sun who walked on water
or Fort Knox, the golden boy you caught with your daughter
and fashion plate A-shone, the pilot through rubble
2el Farrar's cinematic hip-hop furrows
The soulful ballad sounds from Poetic Justice
to Slayer-man, gun in hand to protect little lambs
and Santa Klaus’s ill shadow on a rant again 

My faith in God so strong, made me wonder, Lawd
what about the son of thunder
and the words whispered wickedly behind enemy lines
we took the weapons from them Shadow Dudes and blew they minds
gripped doubts tight as big booty on Fridays night
in the Valley of Dry Bonez, stood tall and spit wize
the strangest of words and I made sure they heard
 I doubt
     I doubt I’ll fail again
I doubt I’ll know a fight I won’t win
I doubt I’ll spend three more months in corporate chains

Or the world will go a year not knowin' my name
I doubt I’ll go on six months before I meet that hon
Smiling face angelic, blessed by the sun
doubt my pen won’t change the world
doubt not the Sun, spite of what you heard
 

Embrace the moon, as a son of the knight
They say, "Step out of the boat, Bro', Run to that life"
But I await the Good Lord to bid me come
So if I don’t tread rough shod on ocean blue
I’m playin’ blackjack with hurricanes till six past June

Didn’t I wonder why I been feelin' so dozed under 
I just wondered when the Sun would Say
 

"Now is the come up"

1 May 2006

6 comments:

Dedrick Knox said...

No man is an island. People need to know you exist. This shit is too hot to be kept in a cave. TOO DAMN HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John-Reuben said...

Mwahaha! So I'm a cave man ...on an island, am I? Or am I the sun, cuz I brings 'da heat! Thanks for commenting. But I know this one principle to be true.
You cannot hide a candle under a bushel...
...not without an inferno!!!

Anonymous said...

that's live! ;)
uh... what's cinematic hip hop?!

John-Reuben said...

hey crazy jade! Long time no see or hear from! Cinematic hip hop is that street beat put on a music soundtrack!!

...least that's how Farrar explained it to me. You should totally check that s#!+ out! Bet you'd like it!!! 17

Anonymous said...

I checked your boys music. That's some sharp shite! Hope he's makin' bank off dat album.

Saw your art on the cover. What made him pick that piece? You got better stuff here, or... you had better stuff here till you went and deleted it all
...psycho.

;p

LaVone Burns said...

this was some beautiful shit man i'm feelin like deuce on that one let that shit go big brother! holla !!!